Re: [FWDLK] Torqueflite: The second week. (& lots of other stuff)

Re: [FWDLK] Torqueflite: The second week. (& lots of other stuff)

>Hmmm... what else.  Oh, did anyone know that the parking brake drums
>were tapped for different size bolt rectangles?  I put an extra drum on
>the new trans, and the driveshaft wouldn't fit.  I put the old one back
>on.  Learn something new every day, eh?

I found this out last week when I discovered the U-joint that was giving to
me wouldn't fit-it's from a powerflite equipped car and the bolt pattern for
the brake drum was smaller on these transmissions.
  Did you have to hunt out any special tools to tear down your trans?
         Congrats on finishing it!
           Todd