Re: [FWDLK] 1958 Plymouth Seat Covers

 ---- you wrote:
> Both my 1956 Furys had clear plastic seat covers still on the back seats
> and they each did a lot to see that the back seats survived into the
> 1990's.  Personally, I can't stand to sit on them.  They are sort of like
> prophylatics.
>
> Richard
>

> At 7:27 AM -0500 7/8/98, John Bayerlein wrote:
> >Our 1958 Belvedere has just turned 19000 miles and the consensus
> >of opinion here is that the near perfect interior should be protected
> >by clear plastic seat covers, typical of the 50's era. Any opinions?
> >
> >Mary Beth

My 2 cents:

I agree with the above 100% and would further encourage looking out for humidity
 when installing them (I've seen mildew grow under the clear plastic but this
 may be a coastal Calif. thing.)  The Fingerhut covers (do they even still make
 those?) with the "Maltese cross" impression in the plastic don't seem to hold
 up as well as unstamped plastic.  I suspect gauge of plastic is a consideration
 as well.

Mike Sealey <mopar2ya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Former Owner, '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban & '59 DeSoto Firedome

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com