Re: [FWDLK] In support of Dave

Hi Everyone:

I just had to add my support on Daves' decision, to now make people type in
who should receive their comments.  In my case, I participate in auctions, buy
and sell through classifieds, correspond for other purposes which all adds up
to about 50-75 email messages per day.  Some require my immediate attention
and answers such as auctions, and yes I can delete messages but I still have
to read them first, to see if I need or want the info, and this takes a lot of
valuable time.  If someone puts out a message like this one because they want
it to reach the entire list, feeling it is relevant to all, especially where
someone is seeking assistance then I'll be happy to read it and help if I can.
On the other hand, all those one on one messages tie up my system and have no
relevancy to me personally.  I also understand many people unlike me, are
rather new to the old car hobby, or are much younger and do not have the
experience or knowledge I learned years ago from old timers.  To them I would
like to say I will always be glad to help, but in the meantime when you buy
any old car the first thing you should do is buy a factory shop manual and
parts book.  You will find most of your answers to your questions in these
invaluable books.  And if you don't, a list like this and the WPC Club/DeSoto
Club/Imperial Clubs/300Clubs etc. should also be in your plans to join.
Thanks for your attention................Bill