[FWDLK] 56 PLY Interior material

Thought my file would have better info but
My  Feb 92 samples of material from SMS include a loose weave
black/white/grey/metallic, a lt green, dk green, white, metallic, and a gold
or medium ochre with narrow black, narrow white, and metallic.  All these are
regular weaves with the last one the tightest.  The last one has a sheen to
overall material, the first 2 were 'natural' or no reflection to the fabric.
An issue of Plymouth bulletin  sept oct 85 shwos an oddball seat material on
p.25, cant tell what the model is, and mayabe its an embossed vinyl.  And
little more!
Sort of a sorry commentary on THE club thats supposed to be experts in these
cars (yep he really said it).  Found the same problem when getting info for
buying my 41 last  spring, that the competition (WPC club) had much better
info regarding a given model.
Anyway
Jan 87 WPC bulletin on 56 Ply gives this
p 6 shows convertible interior, with what I believe is the aztec cloth, what
appears to be a black rounded square with a stairstepped design, this is
repeated in blocks of about one inch.  Cant tell if its really cloth or an
embossed vinyl.  p. 15 same issue shows interior shot of wagon, model unknown,
with I am sure a vinyl having dark background and repeated V pattern.
I have heard the term Aztec cloth and seen it in brochures but do not have any
at hand.
Suggest U contact the Chrysler Historic folks, it is a pain to get hold of
them, but several years ago I sent a request along with $10 check (dont recall
if it was made out to cash or the Chrysler Hist group...) and in maybe 2
months received nice 8 x 10 xerox prints of the full interior of the Sport
Suburban.
Just dont use some bogus material that has that glitzy sheen on it- seems like
a lot of resto rod or pseudo restorers are spending big bucks on stuff  that
looks like it came out of a 91 Chevvy- whatever is the next down from the
Lumina....
Rotsa Ruck,
Lars
PS my uph shop was able to give the metallic gold piping that goes around the
seats, the details mean a lot to overall appearance!
Note most plain or grained leatherette is available from your uph SHOP at half
or 1/3 of what  U can get it from mail order.   U buy the fancy stuff, local
shop provides the trim materials etc as they do the seat rebuilding.  They
will have material from past jobs and several catalogs.
Also suggest U watch the density of the seat padding.  Often today it is too
soft.  I had my seat redone using some of that grey recycled cloth material
about 5/8" thick,
sometimes used for carpet padding and sound deadning.  todays medium foams and
fiberfill does not do it.