Re: [FWDLK] Customizing

Before this debate continues, we should define 'restoration' and 'customizing'.
It all depends on the workmanship and quality of the parts. Are we talking
professional restoration? Are we talking replacing worn/rusty parts with
 slighlty
better ones? If someone wants to put different headlights on his front fender,
 so
what? When a restorer buys it, he can put the correct fender on or 'customize'
 it
back to the original look.  There are 'restorations' that can bring the value of
car down. We have all seen lousy 'restorations' and said to ourselves that they
should've left the car alone. Same goes for customizing. There are people out
there who shouldn't customize OR restore their cars and there are those that can
add to the value of the car by doing either. Then there is the case of
'original'.  Should a low mileage, unmolested car be customized? How about that
200K mile rusty POS?

Just a few rambling thoughts.

Brendan Sheehy