Re: [FWDLK] Ground straps

Clay,

You might need to polarize (restore the magnetic field) on the generator.
The most common way is to remove the belt and wires from the generator and
hook up the positive wire from the battery to the big post on the
generator. This should make the generator run like a motor. This is
necessary to restore the magnetic fields in the generator. If not done, the
generator will not charge or will put out a weak charge. Check the
generator section of a good service manual for the exact procedure.

Larry