[FWDLK] Intro Dodge1956@aol.com

Dave was certainly perceptive when surfing screen names in thinking that I
might be a potential member of The Forward Look.  My wife Karen and I have
been into '56 Dodges since using one for our getaway car when we were married.
We still have the 4Door Sedan Coronet that started it all.  For ten years we
looked for a Convertible worth restoring.  Found a CRL,D-500, 2DrHT and
managed to restore that in about a year and a half.  Finally located a
convertible CRL (Custom Royal Lancer), D-500 that was on its way to Hemi
Heaven.  Two and a half years and seven parts cars later it was done. It
started out rusty as 50's Mopars go but with production of only 1100 CRL
Convertibles in '56, and only 3% of production being Hemi's, it was definitely
worth the effort.  I painted them identically in Sapphire White, Crown Yellow
and Iridescent Charcoal.  They were featured in June/July 1994 Mopar Muscle
magazine as His 'n Her Hemi's.  In August of 1997 pictures were published in
Collectible Automobile in support of the article by Dennis Kennedy about the
1956 Dodge D-500 and its contribution to the Mopar heritage.  Our last show
was the Concours d'Elegance Invitational at Amelia Island, Florida in April
this year. There is a picture on their website showing the 2DrHT at:
http://wwwclassiccarshow.com/elegance/graphics/56dodhrd_lg.jpg
I have a JPG file picture of both that I can attach to E-Mail if anyone is
interested.  We have a 48" Gooseneck enclosed trailer for transport pulled by
a Ramtastic dually powered by the Cummins Turbo Diesel.  At 23,000 pounds GVW
this powerhouse gets over 13MPG.
It's nice to be a member and remember "Mopar or Nocar".