Re: [FWDLK] Parts Need

Nico/Robert and Paul (Exhaust manifolds for my 241-V8 1955 Savoy)

First of all, thanks to Nico for mailing out the exhaust manifolds. I got them
yesterday and of course they don't fit.
Robert's assessment of the part numbers was correct and the gaskets are the
same. Paul also was right in that there are eight studs and it looks like it
should bolt right up there. However...

Robert you are correct. But, it is not because of the angle. The hole where
the manifold bolts to the exhaust crossover pipe is quite a bit larger than
the one on the manifold that Nico sent me (1/16 of inch all the way around.)
Nico also left part of the crossover pipe on the manifold he sent me. The
crossover pipe is different in that mine has a flare on it so that it actually
inserts into the manifold, whereas the one Nico sent me lies flush against the
manifold.

The crossover pipe that I have I got from Kepich exhaust. It is listed for a
55/56 Dodge. That engine although shipped to Canada in early 55, was still
used on the 56 Dodge truck. The pipe works great with my original manifolds.
(Robert is correct the part number is the same except for the end number. It
is a 3 on mine and a 4 on the 56)

I want to thank everybody for all their help and research. I have gone back to
Richard Main for help with another manifold. ( I highly recommend Richard as a
part source, we recently made an excellent trade.) Again thanks to Nico for
shipping right away. And if anyone needs exhaust manifolds for a 56 poly let
me know.

Mike