[FWDLK] Why build sheets?

OK for those after a very original car I can see build sheets.
Curiosity too.
but
for the 'refurbished' car, not being restored to OE nuts and bolts specs,
what info is on the build sheet that will help Joe Average that he cant get
out of the 6 to 10 old reference books he has managed to collect ?
And have I seen in the mags a copy of reproduced build sheet that was only
half readable, or $10 worth?
thanx!
L.