[FWDLK] wire

You got my curiosity up so I dug out my supplier books(I work at EE at
Washington State Univ)
and looked up wire.
   Pretty much all wire that you get at the local auto parts/hardware
stores are made with
a PVC or rubber cover with a temp rating of -20 to 60 C /4 to 140 F for
rubber and the plastics
vary but the highest is 90C/ 194 F

   The best I could find is any wire with the cover being called either FEP
or TFE both are
the same thing (a teflon type coating) with a slightly different formula.
   For you techno types and others hers what the need to knows are for this
type wire:
strength PSIX1000 FEP 2.3-3.1 TFE 2.0-6.0
service temp  FEP 200-300C(392 -572 F)  TFE 200-500C(392 to 932F)
weatherability both rated excellent
Flame resistance both nonflammable
flexibility good
abrasion resistance good
hydraulic fluid resistance excellent

This type of wire is not readily available at your parts store but can be
ordered in
and isn't that much more expensive than "cheap" wire (how much did you
spend for that
original whatever) and could save you in the long run.
   Hope this helps someone.
Jim