Re: [FWDLK] Taillights, Brake lights

Hi Joe,  I just went out to my '55 Savoy and checked your results:

> Turned on the running lights with both rear bulbs out of the assembly.  No
> lights at all.
True, need to ground at least one socket to complete the circuit.

> Put the drivers side bulb socket into assembly and after a
> few sparks the running light element came on.  So did the passenger side
> running light.
True, one ground will light both running light elements.

> When I put the passg side bulb in there were a few sparks
> and then both elements were lit making it look like the brake light on the
> passg side was on.
No!  The brake light element should stay off.

The brake lights are connected to each other through the turn signal switch.
So the fact that the passenger side is coming on by itself points to a faulty
turn signal switch.  You will need to pull your steering wheel to get at the
switch.

Good luck!

Robert Bishop