[FWDLK] More Tranny???????'s

I took my recently turned 413 crank from the 60 New Yorker and fit the torque
converter from my 61' Newport 727 onto the studs.  Every thing seem to fit
fine,  I then took the crank from the 62' 413 that I have as a "spare" and
fit it on the same torque converter.  All was well with that one too.  I then
took the torque converter from the 62' 727 and it fit all of the above as
well.  The only thing that I noticed that was different was on the 361 crank
that I have (was the original to the car) the flat side that mounts to the
T.C. had a much deeper cavity in the middle of the crank as opposed to the
413's.  also the "C" shaped opening on the outer radius in the stud plate on
the older 413 crank had a much more open radius than the newer 413 crank.
After I looked at everything on the two tranny's the only thing I could
determine as different was the location of a couple fittings on the housing
itself.  Could it be that the tranny I have from the 62' 300 is an older
tranny?  If so, when did Chryco make changes to the 727 before 62 ?  As of
today I don't see anything that would prevent me from a successful install of
the 60' 413 to the 61' 727.  Any comments would help this novice in
understanding.

Thank you,  Dean