Re: [FWDLK] under coating, etc.

Deane Allinson wrote:

> What are your opinions on using undercoating on our fine finned friends?
> I've got my front fenders and wells off cleaning off all the usual
> crude,
> rust, etc. and was thinking of using the spray on stuff between the
> fender
> and wells. They say that you can paint over it but would it be better to

> paint under it also. What about the rest of the belly, from the fire
> wall back?
> What do you think, protection or just hiding poor craftsmanship and
> pitted
> sheetmetal?
> Deane

The car I currently have undergoing restoration had the original tar type
of undercoating.

I DO NOT want to ever have to redo this car.

THe shop at my direction is looking at using the stuff they spray
in pickup beds.
THere are two concerns I have/had.
#1;  tires pick up lots of wet and other stuff. Rocks/stones can cause
     small chips/holes in paint/undercoating.
#2;  Some form of perminate undercoating. If I don't consider this now
     I may have to redo the car sometime down the road.  Once is enough.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy