Re: [FWDLK] Soundproofing

The stuff on the floors and even under our cars and in the doors and
quarterpannels is sound proofing. It is a close cousin to ashpalt but
without the sand that is mixed in for roads. It provides a density to the
sheet metal that helps to deaden road noise and vibration. The problem is
that it gets hard over the years and cracks and peels and lets moisture in
to rust the metal.

The only thing I have found to properly simulate it is asphalt from a
paving material plant. CAUTION! It has to be melted to be used. IT IS VERY
HOT AND WILL CAUSE SERIOUS BURNS! It has to be applied hot with a brush and
is a very messy job (but it looks right). Can any one recommend a way to
thin it with out heat so it can be brushed on and/or a way to spray it?

Larry