Re: [FWDLK] Hidden Numbers?

Ed Katzenberger <katzenberger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on Sunday August 1,
1999 at  9:38am:

>I need some help and this meeting has great connections.
>This isn't a Forward Look related question, but it is a MoPar one,
so I
>apologize for posting this message in advance.
>
>The problem. A new Australian member of the National De Soto Club has
>what he believes is a 1942 De Soto. Unfortunately, the car is in
pieces
>and the VIN plate is missing. We're trying to verify if the car is a
42
>Plymouth with De Soto trim, a Canadian built 42 De Soto or a Detroit
>built Export 42 De Soto.
>What I need to know is where on the car to look for the *hidden* VIN
>number(s).
>If anyone can help out or point me to someplace with the information
>(State Police Archives???) we'd appreciate it.

Ed:  I have forwarded this to Jim Benjaminson of the Plymouth Owners'
Club, whose knowledge of export MoPars is nothing short of phenomenal.
I imagine if he can't help with this nobody can.

I can tell you that AFAIK if a '42 DeSoto does not have the "Airfoil"
(hideaway) headlights, it is either a Plymouth-based export model or
somebody has the year wrong.

Mike Sealey

|               http://www.goplay.com - it's time to Go Play!              |