[FWDLK] Hidden Numbers?

I need some help and this meeting has great connections.
This isn't a Forward Look related question, but it is a MoPar one, so I
apologize for posting this message in advance.

The problem. A new Australian member of the National De Soto Club has
what he believes is a 1942 De Soto. Unfortunately, the car is in pieces
and the VIN plate is missing. We're trying to verify if the car is a 42
Plymouth with De Soto trim, a Canadian built 42 De Soto or a Detroit
built Export 42 De Soto.
What I need to know is where on the car to look for the *hidden* VIN
number(s).
If anyone can help out or point me to someplace with the information
(State Police Archieves???) we'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ed