[FWDLK] Part 4--55 Plymouth

To All,
  This should be the last of this series.  I ended up putting new shoes on
the front of the Plymouth, not just on the drivers side that were soaked
with something.  Would you believe my wife suggested me to replace the
passengers side too!!!  So being a good husband I did it.  (this is the side
she rides on most of the time).  So today, after washing it down and getting
all the dust off,  I took it out and tried the brakes.  No problem.  Stopped
just great!!!  So off to town I went--Shinglehouse, Pa 1200 or so people--to
get a tank full of gas.  The brakes worked just fine.
     As I approached the gas station, I seen where the town had done some
black topping and a strip across the road with 2 new hot tar strips I had to
drive thru.  Hoping them to be the non sticky type, I went thru and then I
heard the awfull sound of the lousy tar and tires mushing thru the tar.  I
pulled into the station and asked the attendant for some paper towells and
he gave me 3.  So I put 1 in my pocket and wrapped 2 around the gas nozzle
and proceded to put the nozzle in the tank opening while holding the paper
towels next to the tank opening.  Some one on the List said to do this to
stop the filling from puking when ever it feels like it.  And it works.  It
still pukes, but is caught in the paper towells.  I had seen after I got out
on my car some new tar on the sides of the fender by the front wheels, so I
figured I would soak the paper towels with gas and then take the tar off.
But with the puking of the filling of the tank, it soaks the paper towell
automaticly and the all I had to do was wipe off the tar.   I then went on
my way, not going the way of the tar but another way out of town.  I still
need to get the car inspected, but I thought I'd just take a ride cause no
inspection station would be open on Saturday.  No I didn't get picked up for
no inspection sticker.  I just went about a half hour away and visited a
friend.  It drove so good and road good.  But I need to some how tell my
carburator not to put so much gas in the engine going down the open road.
This 6 cylinder engine just seems to like to travel at 65-70 MPH and it
ain't good to do that too much in a 55 MPH zone and with out the proper
inspection sticker.  I will have my wife take it this next week to an
inspection station and get it right.  Now that the brakes are fixed, I feel
more comfortable letting my wife drive it.
   Thanks for all who have had coments and helpfull notes thru all my trials
getting the ol gal back on the road again for the season.
Jack Johnson   55 Plymouth Belvedere 2 Dr Cl Cp