Re: [FWDLK] Magnum Engine Name

A 440 crank will not fit a 383(nor a 400) without machining the mains
down to the 383/400 size. A 440 crank in a 383 will give 426 cu in.
Pistons will have to be custom made and the counter weights will have to
be reduced in diameter to clear the block and the bottoms of the piston
(especially if you use 383 rods). There is another way to do it if
you're a patient person and it was covered in July 97 Chrysler Power in
an article called 1500 ecomomy big block. While it refers to the 400 it
all applies to the 383 as well. You may recognize the author.
DOn DulmaGE

Philip Patterson wrote:

> Phil Patterson writes: Curious, I have a 74 Cop Car 440 sittin in the garage,
> it has the humongous harmonic dampener on the front, so I assumed large damper
> =cast crank? Reason why I am curious , if this is so, then my spare 74 440
 will
> drop right in place of the 383 forged crank original motor in my 68
 Roadrunner.