Re: [FWDLK] 57,58 and 59 rear springs

I had nearly the same experience.  Although my car has not had a pampered
life - a near total rearend collision, and nearly 20 years in a wrecking
yard, I have heard that this is common problem.  My father bought a 57
Belvedere club sedan new.  in the 7 years he owned it, he replaced both
torsion bars twice, and both rear leaf springs twice.  Dad isn't and never
was hard on his cars.  I have heard from others that is why the torsion bars
were beefed up for 58 and the leaves were lengthened 4" for 58.
Kinda makes it hard to find good experienced parts when needed.  I bought
two parts cars to find 1 pair of decent torsion bars.

Mark
MoPar Man on the Oregon Coast
57 Windsor 2 dr hdtp