Re: [FWDLK] step plates

Boy do I agree with that a hundred per cent! I did the same
thing for my 57 Dodges since those 2dr h/t plates aren't
around anymore either. With some judicious sanding, trimming
and buffing you can usually get them back to 90% anyway. The
aluminum is soft and forgiving but it does tear easily and
you must use kid gloves. Dents come out too if you work
carefully and don't punch through.

Brian