[FWDLK] Rim size vs. tyre size vs. hubcaps vs.

[FWDLK] Rim size vs. tyre size vs. hubcaps vs.

Just got five 5.5 inch wide 15" rims from a 79 Chrysler newport for my 56
wagon.
Installed em with the P205/75R15 firestone 480 that were formerly on the 56's
original 4.5 inch rims.  After a 80 mile round trip at up to about 74 mph,
determined just an inch increase in rim size substantially reduces that
sidesway that is inherent in radials.  The 4.5 inch was below that
recommended for the 205 size, hence the change.
Trubble is cosmetic, not functional-
A.  The hubcap nibs requre a late model cap, 56 era caps dont fit.
B.   My 56 full wheel covers also do not fit, they seem to try to grip but
the wheel rim inner dia is just too tight?  Bending the prongs on an oddball
wheel cover to test did not help.
So I am currently running about a 69 or 70 mopar hubcap with no name and
about 15 small holes punched in em in a circular pattern.
So it goes with redesigns and updating....
But handing is much improved at no apparent further degradation of in-town
ride due to potholes and whatever.  (further than beyond the original
installation of radials)
L.