[FWDLK] '61 DeS Conv

In Article <99081021321056.06830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<mopar2ya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Mike Sealey wrote:

(about Swedish '61 DeSoto CONVERTIBLE)
> Does anyone know the VIN numbers on these cars, or what
> the fender tag (actually inside the LF door near the
> hinges on a '61) says?
> IIRC a DeSoto VIN starts with "6" while a Chrysler VIN
> starts with "8".  I think the body codes on the fender
> tag follow a similar pattern.

Well, that car has a DeSoto chassis plate, but exactly how the
car was produced is unknown. VIN is #6113124597. Chrysler
Historical Collection can throw a new light on was it a hrdtp
originally or not? It came from a scrap yard and had gone through
many owners before it was arrived to Sweden. The car was in
need of major restoration.

It was restored by Arne Nilsson and it has changed ownership
at least two times after that. (Reg. no. MGF 606, could some
Swedish guy, who see this, trace the current owner, so I'd ask
what the fender tag says - although usually this kind of requests
are fruitless).

All '61 DeSotos had 361 2-bbl engine. But this ragtop has a Golden
Lion 383 with dual-quad Carters..  swivel seats.. and a RCA record
player.. Somebody had a good taste 8-)

Marko
FINland  (FIN means "The End" by French..)