[FWDLK] '55 Savoy Looking for a New Home - Take 2

[FWDLK] '55 Savoy Looking for a New Home - Take 2

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEF62D.BD048E8A

(a list member told me there was no text in the previous submittal....)

FOR SALE

1955 Plymouth Savoy 4-door Sedan
260 V8
Powerflite
Original colors: Tampa Turquoise / Bimini Blue with the Savoy =
"Sportone"
trim, but the car is currently painted a monotone blue or turquoise =
color.
40K miles on the odometer
Located in Swink, CO

I went to look at this car last night.=A0 I would classify it as a =
"minor"
restoration project.=A0 The car is drivable (I drove it down the =
highway).=A0
The engine needs a tune-up (and I noticed puffs of "smoke" coming from =
the
tailpipe and the oil fill cap), but seems to produce good power.=A0 The =
tranny
seems to work great.=A0 The non-power brakes pull the car to the =
left.=A0 The
non-power steering is light with a quick "turn-in" (a.k.a. very little =
play
in the wheel).=A0 "Helper springs" were added to the rear end to bring =
the car
to a "level" ride height.=A0 The car seemed to ride nicely during the =
drive.

The body and chassis SEEM to be solid (I did not do a "bondo check") =
and the
stainless trim is in tact...missing only a Savoy script from the right
fender.=A0 The bumpers are bent, but the grille is good (but the black =
paint
on the "ribbed" part has faded).=A0 It looks like the car was =
rear-ended at
some point in time, and there is some cracked filler at the lower-left =
trunk
opening lip.=A0 The trunk lid does not fit perfectly.=A0 The original =
trunk mat
is in place.

The seats have fairly new covers.=A0 The cloth is not "original" style, =
but is
tasteful in color and style and in excellent, functional condition.=A0 =
The
carpeting was replaced with a black carpet, but is not "custom fit."=A0 =
The
headliner needs to be replaced.=A0 The instrument panel is in awesome =
shape,
including the dash top paint.=A0 There is a non-push-button =
factory/Mopar
radio, but it does not work.

This car is a "hand me down" from the current owner's grandmother.=A0 =
The car
was purchased new in Colorado Springs and has been in the state ever =
since.=A0
The owner wants the car to go to a "good home."=A0 The car would make a =
good
"driver" with a little bit of mechanical work.=A0 I took a bunch of =
pictures,
which should be developed soon.=A0 When the car was listed on eBay, the
starting bid was $2000.=A0 No bids were placed.=A0 The owner says =
they'll be
lowering the price, and probably will accept a "reasonable" offer.

If anybody has a serious interest in this car, e-mail me privately
(jasonr@xxxxxxx).=A0 Or you may phone me at 719-336-2335.

Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere Sedan

------ =_NextPart_001_01BEF62D.BD048E8A

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>(a list member told me there was no text in the
previous submittal....)</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=2>FOR SALE<BR><BR>1955 Plymouth Savoy 4-door Sedan<BR>260
V8<BR>Powerflite<BR>Original colors: Tampa Turquoise / Bimini Blue with the
Savoy "Sportone" trim, but the car is currently painted a monotone blue or
turquoise color.<BR>40K miles on the odometer<BR>Located in Swink, CO<BR><BR>I
went to look at this car last night.&nbsp; I would classify it as a "minor"
restoration project.&nbsp; The car is drivable (I drove it down the
highway).&nbsp; The engine needs a tune-up (and I noticed puffs of "smoke"
coming from the tailpipe and the oil fill cap), but seems to produce good
power.&nbsp; The tranny seems to work great.&nbsp; The non-power brakes pull the
car to the left.&nbsp; The non-power steering is light with a quick "turn-in"
(a.k.a. very little play in the wheel).&nbsp; "Helper springs" were added to the
rear end to bring the car to a "level" ride height.&nbsp; The car seemed to ride
nicely during the drive.<BR><BR>The body and chassis SEEM to be solid (I did not
do a "bondo check") and the stainless trim is in tact...missing only a Savoy
script from the right fender.&nbsp; The bumpers are bent, but the grille is good
(but the black paint on the "ribbed" part has faded).&nbsp; It looks like the
car was rear-ended at some point in time, and there is some cracked filler at
the lower-left trunk opening lip.&nbsp; The trunk lid does not fit
perfectly.&nbsp; The original trunk mat is in place.<BR><BR>The seats have
fairly new covers.&nbsp; The cloth is not "original" style, but is tasteful in
color and style and in excellent, functional condition.&nbsp; The carpeting was
replaced with a black carpet, but is not "custom fit."&nbsp; The headliner needs
to be replaced.&nbsp; The instrument panel is in awesome shape, including the
dash top paint.&nbsp; There is a non-push-button factory/Mopar radio, but it
does not work.<BR><BR>This car is a "hand me down" from the current owner's
grandmother.&nbsp; The car was purchased new in Colorado Springs and has been in
the state ever since.&nbsp; The owner wants the car to go to a "good
home."&nbsp; The car would make a good "driver" with a little bit of mechanical
work.&nbsp; I took a bunch of pictures, which should be developed soon.&nbsp;
When the car was listed on eBay, the starting bid was $2000.&nbsp; No bids were
placed.&nbsp; The owner says they'll be lowering the price, and probably will
accept a "reasonable" offer.<BR><BR>If anybody has a serious interest in this
car, e-mail me privately (jasonr@xxxxxxx).&nbsp; Or you may phone me at
719-336-2335.<BR><BR>Jason Rogers<BR>'55 Belvedere
Sedan<BR></P></FONT></BODY></HTML>