[FWDLK] Eaton Detroit Spring Inc.

Another source for new springs is Eaton Detroit Spring Inc., 1555
Michigan Ave., Detroit, MI 48216. Phone: 313-963-3839.  Even though they
were and still are an OEM supplier to the manufacturers, they still
advertise quite a bit for our collector car replacement business.

Their web page is:

www.eatondetroitspring.com

Two weeks ago, I had new front ($130/pair) and rear ($150/pair) coil
springs from Eaton Detroit Spring installed in my 61 Cadillac
convertible. I can honestly say that I have never seen a single repair
make so much improvement to a car's handling as these new springs made.
Even last year's complete front-end rebuild didn't make as much
noticeable difference.

Many people will have stories about changes in ride height from new
springs.  My experience is that the front came up a little bit, while
the rear came up ever so slightly more than the front did.  But I was
looking for some increased altitude, though, because my muffler was
scraping on my garage ramp, every time.  Once interesting thing, though,
was that my mechanic thought, at first, that Eaton Detroit Spring had
supplied the wrong springs because the new ones were not as tall as the
old ones, but the results have worked out just fine.  Maybe those 38
year old springs were designed to have more travel, but I am happy with
less bouncing up and down.