[FWDLK] The "Lost Fury", and another car for Dave...

[FWDLK] The "Lost Fury", and another car for Dave...

Hi All,

After about three years of searching, I finally found the "Lost Fury".

Here in Pittsburgh at car shows, people would always ask me, "do you
know that guy with the Fury... it only comes out on the 4th of July."
For 4 years I've been looking for this car to no avail.  Finally, this
year at C@C I got the best lead yet -- an approximate location.  "Near a
big cemetery & nursing home, by Tarentum, in a concrete block garage
with two windows."

That's a pretty generic description, I know.  But for the past few
months I have been driving around the Tarentum area looking for
cemeterys with nursing homes near by.  It seems -every- cemetery has a
nursing home near by, which is depressing, but besides the point.

Today I finally found the right cemetery.  Asking folks who lived nearby
yielded the answer, "Gold and white with big fins?  Yeah, it's around
here somewhere..."  That was a start!

I found a man with a couple of hot rods, and asked him & he zeroed me in
on the house.  He told me that the owner had died about a year ago, and
he wasn't sure if the car was still there, or even if the house was
still occupied.  I did check it out.

The car's still there, and looks in fairly good shape underneath a nylon
car cover.  Judging by the 'points' made by the fender spears, I'm
guessing it's a '57.  The owner wasn't home, but I left a note, and plan
to stop by again soon.  I'll let y'all know if the car is for sale or
not.

At least I can rest nights now, knowing that the "Lost Fury" has been
found.

Now for something completely different... (and not Forward Look related)

I think I have started to collect the cars I lusted after in my
childhood.  Now that I've got my "Christine", I need only a
"Bluesmobile" and a DeLorean to complete my collection.  For the
meantime, I've passed up the Bluesmobile and found a DeLorean.

The current owner, a Lotus collector, bought the car in 1990 for his
then-wife.  The car was in perfect working order, but had been a
driver.  He took the car apart for a thorough cleaning and restoration.
Shortly therafter, he went through a divorce and the car has remained
untouched since.  It's in about a million pieces.  It basically looks
like the car in Back to the Future III after it got hit by the train.

I first looked at it a year ago, but did not have the resources to buy
it.  Now I do, so I went back to him Saturday and we struck a deal.  He
wouldn't accept a deposit, but told me to stop back sometime later with
cash and a truck to haul it away...  I plan on picking the car up at the
end of October.  A lot can happen between the shake of a hand and the
turn of a key, but I have no reason to doubt that he'll follow through
with the sale.

Anyway, that should keep me busy for a few months this winter.  =)

-Dave

PS - Thanks all on the help with the car dolly question -- I have been
able to locate what I was looking for thanks to your help.