Re: [FWDLK] Convertables

All,

Don't know if they cut the 1959's, but they did cut the roofs off the K
cars that were the first new converts. from Chrysler in the 80's. My sister
had one from the first year and all the ads and lit. about it. They had no
headliners or rear windows when they left the factory. They were sent to a
plant in Ind. or Ill. where the surgery was performed. The only pannel that
had to be painted to match was the filler between the top and and the trunk
lid. Almost all of the pannels used to reinforce the chassis were
pop-riveted in. Real confidence inspiring.

Larry