Re: [FWDLK] new cars

Phil Patterson writes: Yeah, this is interesting, I have wondered since I was a
kid if fins would ever make a comeback on new cars, hopefully a little safer
 then
the ones on a 59 Cadillac. A friend I knew when I was a kid almost put out an
 eye
on deVille convertible when he wrecked his bicycle into the rear not watching
where he was going. Not a problem with Mopar fins, they were never pointed back
in that fashion. Question is, with the aerodynamic styling of these days, what
current car would look good with fins?  A cloud car like a Breeze or Cirrus
 would
look ungainly, but they might not look too bad on a 300 M. The Copperhead dream
car has a small fin running up the middle of the trunk, but it isn't hardly tall
enough for a true fin. That car is supposed to be on the market sometime around
2004 or so, depending on Chrysler-Daimler's whims and fancy. Everything that is
old usually becomes new again , at least where fashion is concerned. But I got
admit, at least for me, a finned car in the show room would have a lot better
chance of getting bought then some of the plain lumps of dough they have on
wheels now. I've seen the new T-Bird that is supposed to be out and all I can
 say
it is looks generic, if it had a little more of the 57 T-Bird styling, then
 maybe
it wouldn't look like just another econo convertible. Oh well, it's a ford, I
probably wouldn't buy one anyway. PS: I know they call it Daimler-Chrysler, but
always came before D in my alphabet.