Re: [FWDLK] eBay and Frank Mitchell

Phil Patterson writes: My curiosity was piqued and I just had to check
out his record. He has at this writing, 530 positives, 7 neutrals and 14
negatives on EBay. If you  add the neutrals and negatives together,it
comes to just under 4 percent of his customers have had any problem with
him at all, and the vast majority were very complimentary of him. I quit
reading back on his record around February 99 or so, because the sheer
number of comments read is enough to give someone eyestrain, and before
that date, sellers weren't able to give comments in response. There were
two negatives and one neutral that I saw, that later were changed to
positives after communicating with Mr.Mitchell. As much as he has been
demonized in print and various places on the Internet, after reading the
comments on E Bay, it make me wonder if the problems haven't been
overstated. As a mechanic, I have found out you have some customers that
just can't be satisfied, and others who intend to put the screws to you
before they even set foot in the door. I give for an example, I had one
lady who came in and accused me of destroying the front suspension of
her car. You want to know the work that I did? I changed one stoplight
bulb. My boss at the time is the one who checked her suspension and
found  it was just flat wore out. And it was true, I watched him do the
checking out myself.  Apparently this customer wasn't too happy about
the money this was going to cost and thought they had found a way around
paying. My boss wasn't impressed and ran her off.  That didn't stop her
and her husband from bad mouthing me, my boss and our garage every time
they got the chance, despite the fact they we had actually done no work
for them at all, other then the bulb change already mentioned! So, when
I hear someone else getting slammed, I, at least, like to hear the other
person's side of the story before I make a judgement. The one time I did
business with Frank Mitchell's company, was as a walk in customer in his
Ohio store. I bought a rebuild kit for my 37 Plymouth truck's master
cylinder. I saw the product before hand and there was no problem paying
him what he wanted for it. I can't remember the exact price, but I do
remember feeling that I got a decent deal and had no complaints. I know
others on this list have had problems with him, but judging from his E
Bay profile and my one personal experience with his company, I have to
wonder if all the problems aren't just a little overstated. Let's face
it, just because something is NOS doesn't necesarilly mean it is
perfect. These parts are , after all, just as old as the cars they fit.
Besides, most companys would be tickled pink to only have 4 percent of
their customers dissatisfied. Until I hear or experience different, I
just have to give Frank Mitchell the benefit of the doubt. If Frank's E
Bay customers are this happy generally, then it is a safe guess that
majority  of his others are as well. After all, he is still in business.
Someone has to be buying his products. I hope this doesn't upset anyone,
it is not my intention to disturb my fellow Forward Look sisters and
brethren. I just can't see by his E Bay record that his business
practices are any different then any other company, and  are actually
better then a good portion of most businesses.