Re: [FWDLK] r*pe of AMC?

Phil Patterson writes: Those AMC cars are as much a part of Chrysler history as
Simca, Lambourghini, Jensen and several others. As far as the rape goes, Renault
and others had had their fun with AMC long before Chrysler ever bought them. If
not for Mopar, there would have been a lot of folks out of work, but someone who
lives closer to Kenosha may be able to give better info on the whole situation
and how it turned out. I just wish I could visit the museum, I am jealous,lol.
Don't judge by the tone of the letter, I just feel that if Chrysler had not
bought AMC, there would have been a bunch of empty factories, GM and Ford had no
reason to want Jeep, it would have been just one less competitor for them. I
 just
hope the day never comes when the Mopars are shoved out of the museum to make
room for Daimlers and Benz vehicles. Chrysler did buy AMC, they have as much
right to claimed heritage as GM does for buying Oldsmobile.