[FWDLK] About Our Slightly Aquatic "Slant-6" Club Meet

[FWDLK] About Our Slightly Aquatic "Slant-6" Club Meet

10-10-99

To All Concerned:

        In case you're wondering whether or not the New York/New
Jersey Chapter of the "Slant-6" Club had it meet today, the answer is
yes. Even though it poured cats and dogs, 6 brave souls, including yours
truly, braved the elements. I guess you could say that our meet went
into the crapper, in that the six of us ended up hanging out under the
eaves of the Men's room until about 12:30 p.m. After a valiant attempt,
no pun intended here, we finally gave up, and reconvened at the local
Dunkin Donuts.
        Though I can't control the weather, I do apologize to anyone who may
have tried to make the trek to Donaldson Park, only to find no one there
after 12:30 p.m. Unfortunately we don't have a rain date, so we out of
luck until next year. If I figure correctly, next year's date for our
meet will be October 8, 2000, The location will be the same as this
year's was, Donaldson Park, Highland Park, N.J., and the time will be
from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The price to enter will probably stay at
$8.00 per carload, barring any unexpected increase in the permit fee for
the grove we reserve. The only catch, is we are going to have to recycle
this year's trophies, and we don't have enough money in the kitty to
relable them. Hey, I suppose things could be worse, and let's all pray
they don't get that way.
        If anyone has any questions about next year's meet, please contact me
at: 1-732-549-0188 (7-9 p.m., and PLEASE DO NOT call after 9:00 p.m.).

                                Ben Deutschman