Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Chevy-powered '57 Dodge on eBay

Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Chevy-powered '57 Dodge on eBay

This is so sad, and now the guy thinks because he stuck a left over weak
suck drive train from a 4 door Malibu and a trans am dashboard in this
poor car, that all of a sudden he has a high ticket item. Sad to say,
that seems to be the main idea behind a lot of rodders these days.
Sorry, if you want me to pay big bucks for an item, sticking whatever
left over GM parts you have in any poor old car, especially a Forward
Look car, is not the way to do it. This shows the danger of letting your
kids read Hot Rod Magazine and most other Petersen Publications. That
company has been a GM lapdog for ages. The car is pretty, except for the
wheels, but in my eyes it's just another parts car or a big time project
car now. You can imagine the damage that has been done, it's even had
the frame cut. Main thing we have to keep repeating to these poor
misguided individuals is, You have ruined the value of the car! I would
have given you more for it if you had left it with faded paint and
broken glass. And the velour purple interior doesn't give it any cool
points in my eyes either. This is a sad day, let's bow our heads and say
a few words in memory of our poor lost brethren. It's just another sad
victim of bow tie rape. Myself, I have fixed way too many bowtie mouse
motors to want to have the enjoyment of replacing cracked heads and cams
with no lobes anymore. At least I can always say to myself,  it isn't my
car. Sorry, I have to go now, I am feeling nauseous.........