[FWDLK] Charging system tip!

Forgot to add to my last blabbering:

Ever since I bought my  61 Desoto the ammeter would dance back and forth - to +
badly...the headlights would flash dim/bright at night.....replaced the
 regulator twice....$35.00
a pop to no avail.....had alternator checked out...checked good......now I'm
 really scratching
my head on this til I go to have my starter rebuilt by a shop in town.....I ask
 him about this
charging system pain and he tell me "oh no problem I have an electronic
 regulator that will
swap in to replace the points one with no modifications!"......only cost me
 10-11 bucks
apiece (bought 2 to have a spare in japan!!!).....and he was right!....bolt
 holes lined right
up....same terminals (1 screw on/1 spade) and it works GREAT!!!!!....no more
 flickering,
charges fine....I give it 2 thumbs up!!!!

For anyone interested, the particulars are as follows:

The regulator is made by a company called "TRANSPO" part # C8010 (VR CHR TRANS)

The shop here in town I bought it from is :
M & M ELECTRIC MOTOR REPAIR
213 Georgia
Clovis, NM. 88101
(505) 763-3088 Bus.
(505) 742-1561 Fax
(505) 359-2335 Res.

The owners name is Randy Mitchell (Great guy to deal with!!)

Hope this helps for anyone that has had this same problem (my best friend has a
 66 Dodge
Polara with the same problem and he's hooking up with randy right now!)

Desotoly Yours

J.S.Trudeau