[FWDLK] 57 Ply on the road

Yesterday was a big day.  I finally got our 1957 Plymouth Savoy out of the
garage and down the drive way and on to the street for a ride around the
neighborhood.  The first time it had been driven on the street since 1981.
Considering I found the car in 1980 behind a farm house. It had been sitting
there since 1977 (at least that was the date of the last state inspection)
and had 63,000 miles.  I towed it home and after putting the harmonic
balancer and radiator back on and making some small adjustments (wires to
coil were put on backwards) the engine started and ran great, put fluid in
the powerflite and drove around the block.
        As family needs came up (kids, job, school, college) the car stayed in the
garage until last year, and I had done very little with the car. In fact
last year I got the engine running again after 11 years. Now after a new
exhaust, ball joints and other suspension fixes, and complete brake job she
is once again ready for state inspection.
        All of the information I have gained from reading the many insights and
answers given on this list has made the job of getting my 57 Plymouth back
on the road a wonderful experience.
        Thanks for all the help and keep the information about the Forward Look
cars flowing.

Harry in NC
A running and drivable 1957 Plymouth Savoy
and yet to be completed 1958 Plymouth Savoy