Re: [FWDLK] Don't be stupid

Wow, just fixed my gas gauge AND the leak I had preventing me from filling
it up all the way--Thanks for the validation of that as the #1 job I had to
do.  It really didn't take much, car was off the road all of 24 hours or so.
Of course, it only showed another problem I had I didn't know about.
Whenever I fill the car up all the way, in the middle of the day the gas
begins to come out of the filler neck from somewhere up high.  It drips down
the side of the car and stains the drive until I take the gas cap off and
then the excess pours onto the ground.  I replaced the gas cap and it didn't
help a fig.
My car is a daily driver regardless of weather, and it too has the best
heater around.  Unfortunately for the summer months, the heater is ALWAYS a
little on at my feet regardless of what I do with the heater controls.  No
big deal right around this time of year, but it makes days that should be
prime driving around days uncomfortable and the days that I figure for
uncomfortable downright unbearable.

William Keathley
1408 Comfort St.
Cedar Park, TX 78613
ebay userid=59plymouth
>On Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:33:51   Sperduto, Nick wrote:
>>Ok, just a note to the group, don't be stupid like me.
>>I took the 56 Plym down to body shop class to show it to the folks down
>>there. On the way home in wonderful 25-30 degree temps, putt, putt, putt,
>>sputter, "Oh Crap, I forgot to get gas" So here I am at 11:30 at night
>>walking down the highway to the gas station, det a can of gas and an oil
>>funnel, spill half of it on the ground trying to get it into the tank, then
>>fired up and back home.
>>If I wasn't such an idiot, I would at least fix my gas guage so it worked
>or
>>fix the gas tank so I could keep it full without leaking.
>>

>>Just a word to the wise.
>>
>>Something cool I did find out last night, I can fit the trunk lid of my 53
>>Belair into the trunk of my 56 Plymouth.
>>

>>How many of you folks drive your car in cold weather. I love driving mine,
>>it has the best heat out of all my cars, including my newer ones
>>
>>Nick
>>

>HotBot - Search smarter.
>http://www.hotbot.com

HotBot - Search smarter.