[FWDLK] adapter

hello readers, I'm looking for any info concerning an old aluminum adapter
plate I've come across which fits between the block and transmission. My
Dad (an old-time Chrysler mechanic) tells me these were used on the early
poly engines to mate the 2-speed powerflite. Has anyone seen these before
or confirm this? Is this a rare part or can anyone use it?  Part # 1730619
which dates to around 57'.   Thanks for any assistance.
  S. LOUTHAN  61' NEWPORT