Re: [FWDLK] adapter

Spencer,

Your dad is right, aluminium adapter plates were used between the engine
block and torgue converter housing from at least 54 to 58 and probably later
years.

The torque converter adapter plate used on all '57-58 Ply/Dod sixes is
#1731578 and for all '57-58 MoPar V8's it is #1731579.  The same adapter
plate was used for both Powerflite and Torqueflite transmissions.

The number 1730619 does not show in any of my 55 to 58 parts books.  It may
be just a casting number and will not necessarily be the same as the part
number.

Robert Bishop
'55 Plymouths