Re: [FWDLK] [Fwd: Nordstrom's ad]

Hey! Talking about movies and cars getting destroyed,  you just have to see the
old George C. Scott film "the Flim-Flam Man"  A '66 Val. was executed after
being tortured.  Funny stuff all the way.  Lots of other 60's Dodges were
destroyed or damaged.   The point is:  They were new then and compared to the
rest of the film's production cost-very cheap.  Chrysler sold them the cars
knowing full well what they were going to do to them.  They may have even given
them to the movie people for advertising.  Ad companies buy cars to destroy in
ads for two reasons:  the cars are cheap and the ad is funny because people
like to see stuff getting destroyed in an outrageous fashion.  Some old car guy
either sold that car to them or didn't want it himself.  Its kinda like ethnic
jokes.  A well known comedian was once asked why he told ethnic jokes.  His
reply was "because they"re funny!"  They may not be funny to the person who is
the brunt of the joke, but they're funny none the less.  And that person needs
to lighten up.
Gary