Re: [FWDLK] '62 300 v. 300H v. Dodge 880 (was: door needed)

--- JRawa@xxxxxxx wrote:

> thanks to all who replied with information regarding
> the 62 880.  the info was helpful as well as the
> leads on parts.  there is a 62 '300 available for
> @ $2000 in the next town..... even though work
> needed is minimal, would it be more valuable as a 62

> 300 convert???  also i have a 1962 413 to pop in
> there..... hmmm...

If the 300 is a 300H, it'd be much rarer. If it's a
"Sport Series" 300, as most of them were, I think the
880 might actually be rarer. I know I haven't seen a
'62 880 convertible since they were almost new.

The 300H would have a hot 413, I'm quite sure with
x-rams. It'd also have a 150-mph speedo IIRC. The
"Sport Series" 300 would have a 383 as standard, may
have had 413 as an option (I'm not sure about that)
and would have a 120 speedo. The 300H had larger
tires/wheels/wheelcovers and I'm sure some other
improvements I'm forgetting right now.

The two varieties of 300 were priced and equipped
differently and had much different model numbers, so
it's not a question of dropping a 413 into a Sport
Series and selling it for 300H $$, at least not to a
knowledgeable buyer.

Even if the 300 in the next town is an H, I wouldn't
mess up the 880 to restore it. When you count Newports
and NYs,'62 Chryslers were (and are) are way more
common than '62 880s.