Re: [FWDLK] Carpenter's 57 DeSoto Adventurer

Re: [FWDLK] Carpenter's 57 DeSoto Adventurer

I have visited Carpenter's collection in it's former home in
SantaFe Springs, CA, three times with various clubs by
appointment.  The collection was known as "Yesterday Once More".
Richard was there each time and is a very friendly knowledgable
"motor head" like the rest of us as well as an excellent host.
The collection changed buildings recently but is still in that
area.

Besides his long-held Forwardlook vehicles, he has a wide
interest in cars including owning a black '72 Lincoln Mark, '63
black Studebaker Avanti, a Ferrari or two, a triple black Cuda,
a red late super sports car whose brand excapes me, an Edsel and
others as the mood or need strikes him.  He has invested very
well with the income from his singing career and as I recall is
doing some behind the camera work such as producing
music-related works.

The '57 Adventurer he just sold was a very recent restoration.
About a year before that he restored a special order '60
Chrysler 300F convertible (white interior) which I presume he
still has along with other letter cars.

You've probably read much about Jay Leno being just another guy
at car shows in his jeans and talking with everyone.  Richard is
similar and if you ever run into him at a show (most likely
Mopar Spring Fling in Van Nuys, CA), I'm sure you are welcome to
say hello.

Wayne