[FWDLK] [Fwd: [FWDLK] General question]

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: John Bartell <jrbartell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 06:49:06 -0600
Hi all,
        I believe a vendor can, and will, try to recoup his investment in time
and actual shipping costs.  However, if the vendor knew the piece he
shipped was defective or missing parts all along, he should be paying
any and all freight, both ways.
        It's too bad there are a few vendors that are just a little slippery
when it comes to describing the item they have for sale.  Not actually
lying to the buyer, just neglecting to tell the whole story.  There are
those that feel once the item has reached the buyer, the buyer won't
want to go through the effort of returning it, especially if the item is
hard to find.  I believe "most" vendors are straight forward and honest,
I hope I'm not proven wrong!
John in WI

> Roger Howard wrote:

>    The Question:  Is  this acceptable business practice?

--- End Message ---