Re: [FWDLK] Co-Chair To Retire / Retro Style

Re: [FWDLK] Co-Chair To Retire / Retro Style

 Chrysler is creating a pretty nice lineup under the Germans, If they fulfill
all the promises they will be one hell of a car company.  I understand the
resentment, And of course it is ALL the fault of Mr. Eaton <The Sellout>...
But now it is done, Chrysler is a German company... Now what really makes me
mad is that the media still refers to the BIG THREE.. when there is no big
three anymore... There are only GM and Ford.  With the PTCruiser Chrysler is
sure to kick off a line of retro-styled products, and others will follow...
Hopefully, if all goes well, there will be a car based on a forward look
vehicle <The 300M is hardly related to the 300 series of the 1950s>. Retro
styling will be a major trend, or it will be a flop and look dated in 5
years. It all depends if other manufactures keep the momentum going or not.
With the retro style of the VW, Jaguar XK8, PTCruiser, Ford Thunderbird,
Dodge Charger, 2002 Dodge Trucks, and the 2003 Buicks... we are closer then
ever to see our cars inspire current and future design trends.... It really
is a turning point for the manufacturers, and Chrysler is poised to be the
first major brand out of the gate.
  Back to the "Co-Chair"... You are right that the "MERGER" as they called
it, was a buyout. And the ironic part is Chrysler will be a better brand
because of it. Its just a shame that Chrysler is no longer an American
company.  The good thing is plenty of Americans will benefit from the profits
generated by it. Six of one, Half dozen of the other.

Josh Ackerman
 <A HREF="http://www.cherrysoda.com/plymouth";>The 1955 Plymouth Page</A>