[FWDLK] Toy Forwardlook

Many of us collect these crazy diecast toys.  I have always collected the
small Hot Wheel (1/64th) size cars.  I recently got a '55 Chrysler racer
driven by Petty.  VERY well done and only cost me $3 at KMart.  They also
make a '60 Fury and '57 Fury that are nice and a marginal '53 Coronet and
'59 Plym.  That '53 Dodge was reissued as a '54 and '56 Dodge.  I think this
is the car some of you complained about a week ago.  We all know  '53, '54,
& '56 Dodges look different from each other.  The '55 C300 is a 'must have'.
All the above are made by Racing Champions.

Johnny Lightning also makes very nice diecast.  They have made some
excellent '60's & '70's  muscle cars including some great Mopars.  Well,
they have announced a new series called "Dream Cars" for later this year.
The first 5 are:
'53 Buick Super, '55 Chrysler 300, '55 Crown Vic, '57 Lincoln Premier, and
'58 Impala

These promise to be EXCELLENT cars.  Let's hope they all are done very well,
they usually are.  I hope they make a number of forwardlook cars.  That way
I can own several finned mopars and only pay $3 a piece at Target.  (And
they fit better on my desk).   I hope they don't forget the '60's finned
cars like my '60 DeSoto.  Sometimes toymakers and book writers stop at 1959
when talking about chrome and fins.  Then skip to muscle cars in the 1960's.
Later, boys (and girls)!

-Robert in K.C.
'60 Adventurer