[FWDLK] 58 Mopar rust problem? Fact, Fiction, or just way o

[FWDLK] 58 Mopar rust problem? Fact, Fiction, or just way overstated?

I've had kind of a debate with one of the members of the Buick Club at the AACA
Message Board
http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi
You have to register to post there, but it is a decent message board. They even have
a Chrysler section, I highly recommended registering, it's a good website. But one
fellow on of the Buick boards was running his chops about the way overstated, in my
opinion, 58 Chrysler rust problem. And I explained to him that my 58 Saratoga which
has been outside all it's life, was actually quite solid, especially considering
it's 42 years of age. And I also had a few comments about GM frames and general
quality, dumping gas on the flames, as you all know, I have a bad habit of doing.
But if anyone knows the depth of the 58 rust  problem, or myth, it would be the
members of the Forward Look list. Just what is the deal, and why do folks think
these cars fall to pieces, yet I look at my own 58, and it is obviously still here.
Am I the only person with a 58 Chrysler product that hasn't fallen to pieces, that
hasn't had a frame up restoration? I find that hard to believe myself. I consider my
Saratoga fairly typical and it has weathered the years outside well. I'm just tired
of hearing people, especially GM fans, running their mouths about my favorites, when
I have seen more of their cars turn into rolling cheese graters then anybodys. Just
thought I would pass this question to you folks, and hopefully, some of the older
member will remember what the real deal was that got this whole story started. But I
do have to say, for cars that have not been restored, all the 58 Chrysler products I
have seen look in much better shape then anyone else's original machinery.