Re: [FWDLK] 58 Mopar rust problem? Fact, Fiction, or just w

Re: [FWDLK] 58 Mopar rust problem? Fact, Fiction, or just way overstated?

 I was a senior in high school when the '57s came out and from my
understanding, it was that specific model year that had most of the problems
due to the fact that Chrysler rushed the production for that year.  My good
friend's father worked for Chrysler and his '57 Plymouth began falling apart
and rusting in about a year.  I believe Chrysler had corrected some if not
most of these problems by the time the '58s hit the market so they weren't
as bad.  Unfortunately, the reputation of the '57s carried forward for a few
years after that and hurt the sales of Chrysler products for some time after
that.  Prior to that faux pas, Chrysler used to beat out Ford in sales on a
regular basis.  It was a major screw-up from which Chrysler never fully
recovered.

Jerry Browarski