[FWDLK] Plymouths suffering from upper front fender rust-through

[FWDLK] Plymouths suffering from upper front fender rust-through

Two of my '56 Plymouths have excellent plastic front fenders that are
hard to tell from the steel originals.  I was told that Sears Roebuck
and others sold these for $25 each.  These, of course, never rust.

Richard
23 '55-'56 Plymouths

I would agree with you Bill.  My father worked at a Plymouth-Desoto
dealership from '55-'58 and he tells the same tales.  He also remembers
several '57 Plymouths suffering from upper front fender rust-through BEFORE
the '58 Plymouths had hit the market! (Including his aunt's car whose '57
Savoy actually "dropped" a headlight assembly in late '57).  The dealership
primarily attributed the poor sales in '58 to customer dissatisfaction with
the '57 models. Personally, I think the fact that rust has claimed so many
of the FL cars only increases the collectibility of the ones that survived.
I mean, if everywhere you looked you saw a FL car (i.e. a '57 Chevy), how
"special" would they be?  Viva La Difference!

Jim Pennington