Re: [FWDLK] 58 Mopar rust problem? (supplemental)

 --- Philip Patterson <bintakin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've had kind of a debate with one of the members of
> the Buick Club at the AACA Message Board
> http://www.aaca.org/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi (snip)
>...But one fellow on of the Buick boards was running
> his chops about the way overstated, in my opinion,
> 58 Chrysler rust problem....

Think of it this way. If his point of comparison is a
'58 Buick, he can't win on styling, fuel economy,
brakes, handling/cornering, or automatic transmission
efficiency, and the early Buick V8, good engine that
it is, is not the mainstay of drag racing 40 years
later like certain '58 Chrysler engine designs we know
and love, so he has to harp on the rust thing...

I'd like to think most old car guys "look to the good
and praise it", willingly conceding a competing make's
good points while remaining partial to our own rides.
(Tell ya the truth, I hated writing the Buick slam you
just saw; I'm primarily enough of a MoPar guy to have
consaidered getting a tattoo of a FL emblem while in
the Marines, but I like almost all cars, and once
owned a '59 LeSabre, a good car that I loved dearly
despite my '59 Firedome clearly being IMO a superior
car.) But there's always someone in every crowd who
only knows how to build themselves up by bringing
others down. If he's doing this on the message board
for all to see, I'd assume he's annoying folks other
than you as well.

Admittedly these are mild words coming from a guy who
once flamed some moron on the Olds list who was
obsessing over "stupid upside-down Mopar keys" (I
asked him, among other things, which way the teeth
went on his house key) but maybe you can be a better
man than I am...