Re: [FWDLK] Transmission Cable

Ken,

The rubber jacket is the seal. I have been told by some transmission experts
that the fix is to use a new rubber hose over the old jacket and seal it
with black RTV. You may not be able to slip one over the cable end even if
it is loose. The new hose can be slit down the side, placed over the cable,
then sealed with RTV. Use an oil resistant hose.  If that Viton shrink
tubing is oil resistant, it may also work when sealed with RTV to the
fitting.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500