Re: [FWDLK] 59 rubber shield?

John Bartell wrote:

> David Grove Grove Automotive wrote:
>  on my 59 (Plymouth).  While replacing the fenders, I noticed that the
> > shield was bolted in place, and at the top of the shield was a strip of
> > rubber, evidently to "seal" this shield to the top inside of the fender...
>
>  I haven't found this rubber piece on any of the three sets of 59 Ply
> fenders I have.  Were these standard equipment, or added to David's car
> later?  I found no sign of these in my parts manual or collision  parts
> list.  Or, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?!
>      John in WI

I WANT to say this was an added item by some one else. It follows the
original thinking I had for my resto. BUT I think I have a much better
idea now. I plan on getting the stuff that they are currently spraying
on pickup truck bed liner material and using that.
I do know that the thickness can be controled.
--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy