[FWDLK] In defense of SUV and Mopars

Why is it that there is always someone who needs to be reminded that this is America?   We have the right to choose, and buy, anything our heart desires without making excuses, as long as it doesn't directly restrict the rights of others.   Our freedoms are already  being restricted now beyond what we started with,  and what our forefathers intended for us,  without today's political correctness even being considered into the formula of eroding rights..

No one "needs" one of our old Mopars any more than someone "needs" an SUV or the like.  Who's business is it how or why they are used?  As you can all probably attest to,  even our beloved Mopars are not as politically correct as Chevys (57's) in many circles.  Does that mean we have to defend or choice, or spout universally "accepted" reasons why we own them?  We have them because we want them,  and we don't  have to defend our choices to anyone except who we choose. (most likely our wives/husbands)

It really disturbs me when someone thinks they can make a better choice for me than I can,  and are better equipped and more intelligent on a subject than me to know what I should own or what I should not own.   If I desire it and can afford it,   I will buy it,  own it and dare anyone to tell me differently!  Don't get caught up in believing that something so basic as private property ownership should come with politically correct strings attached.  Their SUV could inspire the same satisfaction in others that your old Mopars inspire in you.

Sorry,  this may not be the place to vent,  but it seems to be a topic introduced here just waiting for some common sense to be applied.

Dave

TheCarNutz@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 3/15/00 1:02:06 PM Pacific Standard Time, mjh@WANWEB.NET
writes:

> I for one have never understood those people who go buy Ford Expeditions,
>  Chevy Silverados, and full size Dodge Rams and use them for commuting.
I've been saying all along Mark, why do you need an SUV and/or 4 wheel drive
if you never go off road and don't live where there is snow conditions?
Around here all you see are the school moms dropping off the kiddees at
school, going to the grocery and the mall!  Oh, I forgot they're safer in an
accident.  Yeh right.
                                    Bill B.