[FWDLK] DCX PT classification

A couple of notable events have occurred recently with our
favorite car manufacturer -

1. Very briefly, the US government this week has responded
to DCX's request to rate the PT Cruiser as a truck by
responding as follows:

a. The PT Cruiser will be rated by the EPA as a pass car for
emission standards

b. The PT will be rated by the NHTSA as a truck for CAFE
fuel economy standards

This is of course great news for DCX since they needed the
fuel economy of the PT to be averaged with the Dodge trucks
for their truck CAFE. These decisions are not cast in
concrete yet and there is still some wiggle room, so stay
tuned. The current Lexus RX300 has also been classified in
this manner since 1998.

2. Tom Gale, EVP of DCX and in charge of vehicle design,
engineering and product development has been elected
"Executive of the Year" by Automotive Industries magazine
and he is pictured on the current February's edition cover
with a nice bio and story of Tom's career inside. The
article states that only 3 previous design executives of the
previous 36 Executives of the Year have been so named
placing Tom in the ranks of Exner, Earl and Mitchell for
setting design standards much like the others had done in
their era. Congrats Tom!

Brian